Governing use and access to otc.edu, my.otc.edu, and affiliated websites
Acceptance of Terms
By accessing Ozarks Technical Community College’s (OTC) site and/or using the online services through my.otc.edu, you agree that you have read and understood this agreement and that your use of otc.edu and my.otc.edu shall conform to this agreement. We reserve the right to change or amend this agreement without notice.
User Account, Password, and Security
By accessing our site and/or otherwise accepting this agreement, you agree to comply with the following guidelines. While using otc.edu and my.otc.edu, you agree not to:
- Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another user, individual, or entity
- Transmit via otc.edu or my.otc.edu any information, data, text, files, links, software, chat, communication, or other content that OTC considers to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law, including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing otc.edu or my.otc.edu in any manner
- Invade the privacy or violate any personal or proprietary right of any person or entity
- Infringe the intellectual property rights or similar rights, including but not limited to, copyrights and trademarks, of any person or entity
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment
You must evaluate and bear the risk associated with the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. OTC shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove content that is deemed in the college’s discretion to be harmful, offensive, incorrect, or otherwise in violation of this agreement.
Proprietary Rights of Ozarks Technical Community College
You acknowledge and agree that OTC or our affiliates exclusively own or have been licensed by third parties to use all rights, title, and interest in the services and the information, data, databases, images, sound recordings, audio and visual clips, and other content provided by OTC.
OTC websites are copyrighted. OTC owns the copyright in the entire compilation of otc.edu, my.otc.edu, and affiliated websites. All images and text are copyrighted by OTC, except for materials specifically designated as belonging to another party.
No copyrighted material or other content may be performed, distributed, downloaded, uploaded, modified, reused, reproduced, reposted, retransmitted, disseminated, sold, published, broadcast or circulated or otherwise used in any way whatsoever except as expressly stated either in such materials or in this agreement without the express written permission of OTC or permission of the copyright owner. Any modification of the content, or any portion thereof, or use of the content for any other purpose constitutes an infringement of OTC’s copyrights and other proprietary rights. Use of the content on any other website or other networked computer environment is prohibited without prior written permission from OTC.
Trademarks Owned or Licensed by Ozarks Technical Community College
The trademarks and logos used on OTC’s site are owned by OTC and affiliated organizations. No use of any OTC trademark or any other trademark listed is permitted without expressed written consent.
Certain links are provided that may lead to websites maintained by third parties over which we have no control. We take no responsibility for the accuracy, content, or any aspect of that material and disclaim any liability to you for such material or for any consequence of your decision to use the links provided or your use of such material. We also disclaim all liability and make no representations or warranties for any products or services sold or provided to you by any third party. Your purchase of products or services through one of those other sites is subject to agreements and/or the terms and conditions in effect between you and the providers of products and services at those other sites. You agree that you shall not bring a suit or claim against OTC or any of our affiliates arising from or based on your purchase or use of products or services through those other sites. Links do not imply that OTC or any of our affiliates sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of OTC or any of our affiliates.
It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that information, data, and software you download or otherwise select for your use is free of viruses and other destructive items.
Consent to Electronic Communications and E-mail Solicitation
Social Media and Other Interactive Website Elements
OTC Web Services oversees social media deployment system-wide with the messaging of social media channels coming from OTC’s Communication Department. OTCs social media community is meant to be an interactive place where people can receive information about the college and engage in conversation. We want to hear from you, and we encourage comments, questions, and suggestions. However, the following are general rules which will warrant investigation and are not tolerated based on the college’s personal conduct policies. They are:
- Abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening, or personally attacking others
- Defamatory, offensive, obscene, or vulgar comments
- Hateful language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality, or political beliefs
- Fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, or unlawful posts/comments
- Trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion
- Content that is spamming in nature
- Solicitation of goods or services
- Uploading files or links that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
- Any posts about a legal issue, legal case, or attorneys
- Posting of any personal information including, but not limited to, email address or phone number
We strongly encourage fans of this page to respect fellow community members and to follow Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. OTC reserves the right to remove any posts that don’t adhere to our guidelines. We also reserve the right to block anyone who violates these guidelines from posting on our page. Please note that OTC does not endorse any opinions, visuals, or other types of material on this page not specifically posted by us. Additionally, the college is not responsible for the accuracy of the claims, information, advice, or comments posted by fans and visitors of the page.
MDHE Policy on Complaint Resolution
The Missouri Department of Higher Education serves as a clearinghouse for postsecondary student complaints. The MDHE complaint policy may be found at http://www.dhe.mo.gov/documents/POLICYONCOMPLAINTRESOLUTION.pdf. This webpage contains information about the complaint process and includes instructions for how to file a formal complaint. Note that the policy provides that a student who wishes to file a complaint with the department must first exhaust all formal and informal avenues provided by the institution to resolve disputes.
Ozarks Technical Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Our current accreditation status can be viewed here. Students may file a complaint with the HLC at https://www.hlcommission.org/Student-Resources/complaints.html
College Website Publishing Policy
For further information see: 4.02(s) – Web Site Publishing
College Copyright Compliance Policy
For further information see: 2.51 – Copyright Compliance Policy
Changes to Agreement and Services
We may make changes to this agreement at any time. Your continued use of the services indicates your continued agreement to be bound by this agreement. You should view this Agreement often to stay informed of changes that may affect you.
For further questions, contact Web Services.